11.14.2006

 

National Novel Writing Month strikes again

For the fifth year in a row, I'm participating in National Novel Writing Month. The difference between this year and the past 3 years is that I might actually make the word count this year, and win, as I did in 2002.

The other difference is that Dana is participating with me, so we have a friendly word count competition going on in the house. His word output is a bit faster than mine, so if we sit down to type together at night, I have to spend some time the next day boosting my words to retain my coveted spot ahead of him. Informally, we're challenging the city of Zürich, Dana's former place of residency, to a word war, on behalf of our new home town of University Park. Last I checked, they had crept ahead of us. If we have a sudden burst of verbosity, or just feel like taking it to the national level, we've got our sights set on the country of Luxembourg, but we're currently trailing them pretty dramatically.

Of course, it's only halfway through the month. And, it's not over until it's over!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?