11.08.2006

 

election night excitement

What a year to return to living in a state with actual elected officials! We turned on the interweb to follow tight races in our own state, the Governor and Senator for Maryland, and we have been on the edge of our seat for hours watching the precinct reports trickle in for the Virginia Senate race.

But, truly, I have been waiting for the House to turn back away from insanity for a decade now. Not that any of them, except maybe Bernie Sanders, are true progressives, but they're a marginal improvement. I'm just happy to see people going and voting. The state-level elections are exciting, too. It's no surprise that our local elections went all Democrat, but I am finding it freaking hilarious that the entirety of the New Hampshire State Legislature is now Democrats as well. I guess they figured they weren't living free enough.

I figured I'd be in bed by now, but my fascination is proportionate to, although emotionally inverse to, the late-night 2000 election debacle. Since we don't have cable tv, however, we're reduced to pushing the refresh button on our browsers over and over. That'll have to get old sometime before dawn.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?