4.11.2005

 

allergies

as it turns out, I'm allergic to flowering trees. not all flowering trees, one presumes, and not all the time. just here in dc, where there are upwards of 300 kinds of flowering trees and bushes, and they just all seem to be in bloom all the time. april is the worst month, with both the largest variety of trees in bloom and among the highest pollen counts in the country.

I took some small amount of pride in not being allergic to anything, but moving to dc has ruined my 27 year record of being allergy-free. I still contend that it's not really an "allergy" to sneeze when the pollen is so thick in the air that one walks down the street through a mild yellow haze, but I can no longer blame it on the moldy metro trains, colds from my students, or water-saturated house walls.

well, especially since generic claritin has been clearing it right up.

Comments:
information sketchy
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?