3.31.2005

 

dc connections

for the first time, this week, I've felt that the jobs we have in dc are somewhat unusual. being here, it's easy to get used to all the bumbling 22 year olds working on capitol hill, for senators and representatives, nonprofits, and the like. it doesn't usually seem odd that a friend from high school works for a senator on health policy issues, just (I suppose) as it doesn't seem odd that other friends are doctors, lawyers, professors and such.

this week, though, I got to call my friend for a work-related request: to ask if my aunt & cousins could get a staff-led tour of the capitol. it's largely coincidental that they're from michigan, so the senator is actually their senator, which means that they themselves could call the office for a staff-led constituent tour (which not many people know is an option). it was funny to feel like I was on the inside track, though.

and, they should be on the tour right now. I hope they like it; I've never been!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?