3.09.2005

 

coming up for air midweek

it seems like wednesday is the day I pause and regroup, with the first item of business upon regrouping then being to realize that it's wednesday.

I got to see a lot of my friends this weekend, which was nice. friday night was our monthly salon, where the topic of how we relate to money was a good one. it didn't take much prodding to get us going (and, as usual, some of us needed a little prodding to keep quiet. I'll leave it up to your prodigious imaginations to consider where I fall in the group). rachel was also in town for a conference, so we got to spend saturday evening together. since we only see each other in person every few years, it's good that we just pick up where we leave off when we have time in person. so, much silliness ensued. on sunday I got a chance to catch up with scott, and confirmed that polly's is really best for brunch. like the luna cafe, they don't add milk/cream to their hollandaise sauce, which makes the brunch that much more attractive to non-dairy (but not vegan) vegetarians. he then got lured into dana's sunday game, so he might become another regular with that. it is definitely entertaining eavesdropping on them as they play, which is what I spent most of the afternoon doing, while also finishing up jonathan strange....

while out with rachel, we ran into one of the few other people I know in the area, a woman that I went to grad school with. I hadn't realized she'd moved to dc to write up, but we're going to get together this coming weekend to catch up on things. with luck I'll also get together with zeki, from my AIDS ride team way back when, for some dog-walking and general catching up.

in between the grading of papers and cleaning of the house and planning of the trip to ireland, I was reminded this week of the fun people who are already in my life, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of them as spring rolls around. seems like this time of year I always look back on winter and think, "what was I complaining about?" it's nice to realize that even those things that seem oh-so-serious at the time just get a bit easier when the sun shines.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?