8.20.2004

 

late summer developments

dana is now an official g-man with a top secret security clearance, despite living with an odd canadian and having lots of foreign friends. while this makes his job easier, it makes our lives a little more weird. I could tell you why, but then...you know the drill.

I got an unexpected visit from levi last weekend, which was nice, since I'd missed him in ann arbor. he, mike, and tony were in town for "work." so I got to hang out and "work" with them at the willard, where levi had managed to score a small apartment for the weekend. we also went for dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, where we enjoyed ourselves despite a few cutlery mishaps (we were the last people there at the end of what must have been a very long night). we then met up with ed briefly at the local 16, and then hung at the house for a while, with levi and mike nodding off as I scared tony with stories of how to succeed in law school.

all this going out reminded me that I need to hang out more at places like the black cat. or in another city. too many bottle blondes with fake orange tans and protruding hipbones traipsing around on the arms of lugheads, I mean congressional interns. there's only so much adams morgan a person can take in a lifetime, and little dips in and out for dinner are nice, but I just feel older and weirder every time I stay past 11pm.

however, the good news is that I'm feeling great and these rare moments of city-inspired grumpiness are just that: increasingly rare. if I make it through november feeling this good, I'll be living in a whole new world. until then, I plan to enjoy my last summer weekend and chill as much as possible in anticipation of a full-on return to work next week.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?