8.10.2004

 

back in the city

after 3 weeks on a farm in canada and a raucous weekend at a wedding in georgia, I'm back home for good.

in canada: I picked 300 quarts of blueberries, learned to use an ocean kayak, taught several 14-year-olds the proper usage of such key phrases as "craptastic," and got a farmer's tan.

in georgia: I stayed in a beautifully restored hotel, bought a dining room table, stuck my head in a cooler of ice longer than anyone else, and was told I was a "smokin hot broad!" pretty much nonstop for 2 days. in fact, the groom's brothers were like maryland versions of p.j. mcclimans and the bucks, so there was an instant connection there and we pretty much hung together the whole time.

I also got to spend some time in ann arbor, checking out art fair, going on a trek around town, and of course drinking (iced tea) at conor's. almost everyone there is married or pregnant or both, I'm finding.

just before I left, we also hosted kathy & chris for a couple of days and were happy to show them around the city. it's been a busy summer for visitors, and we're expecting to see mina in a couple of weeks and possibly my brother.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?