8.13.2004

 

another rainy day salon in DC

since I got back, it's been pretty grey and rainy. my apologies for bringing the weather with me; I hope this means it's all sunshine and cool breezes in canada.

today's rainy day task is preparing for salon. we've been hosting them regularly since february, and we've acquired a core of enthusiastic regulars. tonight will be larger again, with some absent folks returning and at least one new face. it's been a great time, watching salon grow. I have worked to hand it over to the group, and not feel like I'm responsible for every direction it takes. it's certainly taken some interesting turns, though, and reminds me that the sociological lens is not what everyone sees through, as normal as it may now seem to me. I'm curious to see how it evolves in the fall, as we're going to have to generate a new list of topics. I'm interested in talking about our relationships to our work, and how/when we relax (two discussions), and I'm sure other people have some ideas kicking around.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?